Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Letter to the KARE Center

Dear Mr. Chaffee:

I am writing you this letter to personally thank you and the K.A.R.E Family Center for making such a difference in my life and also my grandsons life.

There is no way I could have made it by myself, but your staff have been so supportive caring and helpful for the last four years.

When I took the responsibility of raising my grandson Emilio, I was completely overwhelmed with his special needs. I couldn't even participate in the first meetings I attended; I just cried. The KARE Family Center helped me to get the proper diagnoses and treatment for Emilio and taught me how to manage our lives with his ADHD.

Nicky Bird was immediately available and strong support for me when I was going through the roughest times. With her help I came to realize that if I was chosen to take on this responsibility it is because I'm the right person for my grandson's life.

Yolanda Sevillano spent so much of her own time helping me deal with courts, meetings with attorneys, arranging medical help and insuring that Emilio got the proper placement in school.

Joseph Aparicio helped me with my own health problems in dealing with stress. He kept me informed of diversionary activities for Emilio and holistic health classes for myself. Most of all, I just appreciate your caseworkers listening to me with compassion when I needed to vent. They had so much patience and time for me.

Time has gone by so quickly. My grandson turned five years old and our lives are organized and financially stable.

I thank God every day for providing me with your help. God knew what was best for both of us.

Sincerely,
Lupita G.

KARE Centers across Arizona provide help and support for families caring for children born to others. If you are a family member raising grandchildren, nieces or nephews, cousins or other relatives; an adoptive family or about to become one; raising children of a family member in jail or raising a child under 18 not born to you, the KARE Center can help. Services are provided in both English and Spanish. Visit www.arizonaschildren.org and click on "permanency."

No comments:

Post a Comment